After Apple's recent anouncement about the new interactive textbooks and ibooks Author application for Mac there was a huge wave of excitement in the field of education. However, there was a little dissapointment that the new textbooks can be created only by a mac device. I have done a reaserch how can I make my own textbook with my ipad as I do not own a Mac computer. I have found a brilliant app that allows me or my students create an ibook textbook from ipad and publish it on ipad, share it via mail, open it with Dropbox or Evernote. It costs 3.99 E but I consider this app really worth downloading. You can add pictures, change the paper's colour, add your own voice by recording and many other exciting features.
The simple way to create your own beautiful iBooks, right on the iPad. Read them in iBooks, send them to your friends, or submit them to the iBookstore. Ideal for children’s picture books, photo books, art books, cook books, manuals, textbooks, and the list goes on.
- Quickly add pictures from the Photos app, or grab them from the web, then move and resize them with your fingers.
- Edit text using the onscreen keyboard, and apply rich formatting to make it look great.
- Choose from all of the iPad's fonts - over 50 to use.
- Record and import speech and music.
- Layout your book exactly as you want it with guidelines and snap positioning.
- A quick tap and you're reading your book in iBooks!
- Send your books to your friends over email, to iTunes on your computer, over Dropbox, or to a WebDav server.
- With your books created using the international ePub standard you know they will be readable now and in the future.
- Support for iBooks’ fixed layout format, including double page images and soundtracks. Please note that fixed layout iBooks are not ideal for long texts such as novels.
- Includes a Getting Started tutorial plus online support articles at www.redjumper.net/bookcreator
- Upcoming free upgrades will add many more features to Book Creator including video.
---- The app description mentions that you can publish the book on ibooks store but I have not found this option yet. ------
You can download this app here:
or you can scan this qr code: